Before you start working as a self employed person, you must register with the Finanzamt, the financial authority in Germany, with a form called Fragebogen zur steuerlichen Erfassung.

Why do I need to fill in the form?

You have to fill the form to get your self employed tax number (Steuernummer), which is used for reporting your taxes from self employment.

How do I fill in the form?

You can fill the form for free using Sorted guided registration. The form will be submitted electronically to your local Finanzamt using the official ELSTER interface (No need for ELSTER account).

If you need help with filling the form, you can ask ask one of tax advisors on the Sorted platform.

Sorted tax guides are provided without liability and do not replace a tax advisor.
To get an accurate answer for your specific case, please consult a tax advisor.
You can always ask one of tax advisors on the Sorted platform.

Did this answer your question?